The use of Master Projects should be considered when;
- Consolidated schedule status (including Critical Path) reporting is required across multiple 'modular' projects (team plans)
- Simultaneous access to sets of activities by multiple users is required
- Managing very large projects with thousands of tasks/activities
- There is a requirement for managing Project Artifacts (project documents, Risks and Issues) from a common location
- There is a need to collaborate on dependencies across projects or large distinct phases/sets of activities
- There is a need to manage resource overallocation and prioritisation of projects
In the next post, we will review the options for ‘External Project Dependency Management’ within Microsoft EPM.